Sunday 4 May 2014

Unrequited Love

Unrequited Love
by Helen Barter

If you were here .....

I would kiss you gently. 
A kiss of welcome; of knowledge;
a kiss of shared experience, and yes,
a kiss of love. 
A kiss so soft its imprint 
would be left on your heart 
rather than your lips.

I would kiss you firmly.  
A kiss of familiarity; of intellectual stimulation;
a kiss of things to come, and yes, 
a kiss of desire. 
A kiss so meaningful it 
would awaken feral memories
of a lust once aroused.

I would kiss you passionately. 
A kiss of urgency;
a kiss of overwhelming lust.
A kiss to atone for unfulfilled and unrequited longing.
A kiss so full of necessity it would 
tear at your soul 
as well as your skin.

I would kiss you with abandon. 
A kiss of uncontrollable ecstasy.
A kiss with orgasmic intent.   
A kiss so full of us both
that it would burn your taste into 
my mouth 
forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment