Monday 10 November 2014

Progress

The thing  I am working on is for a poetry anthology book launch and open mic night on 5 December. The title of the book is "A Pocketful of Windows". I also needed a method of randomly selecting the running order for the evening. Thinking too literally, and since I have lots of dolls house windows left over from a previous project, I decided to start there. (See previous blog entry).

But it quickly became obvious the logistics of getting the windows to open, to reveal the name of the next reader,  was going to be too much for my non-carpenter's hands - these are hands to sew with, not saw with! I asked the editor of the anthology to send me a couple of lines from some of the poems. Inspiration overload!!, lots more ideas in the back of my sketchbook!

Windows, pockets, words, poems, December, advent calendar - a Windowful of Pockets - on its way!!
24 pockets, with verse, set within a window-like structure.


 



No comments:

Post a Comment