Sunday 18 September 2011

Clique

I do believe my nature to be proactive, but I would not wish to be labelled an activist. 
I do not believe my tendency to be towards a clique or elitism.
I have a desire to intervene in difficult situations, but I am not a vigorous advocate of any particular cause.

My thoughts on cliques:
Definition: noun - a small, exclusive group of people; coterie; set


§   Different people need different things - one approach does not fit all.
§  Everyone is an individual.
§  Gregarious individuals seek out groups. 
§  A group can be self-limiting or wide-ranging.  
§  A group, by definition, can be a clique, but is in no way defined by the term.
§  It is possible, through lack of understanding and communication, that any ‘group’ may interpreted by others as being a clique.  
§  Good lines of communication are the key.
§  A well-intentioned approach to any situation should not be rejected out of hand.
§  A defensive stance should be avoided at all costs.
§  Remember:  misinterpretation can invite the label ‘clique’ to anyone’s door.

No comments:

Post a Comment